This dish is a beautiful, delicious, and classical dish in Swedish cuisine. Very easy to make and a practical meal when you have to feed many people. I have now created a vegetarian/vegan recipe with no meat, and the result is just perfect; as a matter of fact, I like the vegetarian more than the one with meat! Continue reading “Vegetarian/Vegan Swedish Cabbage Pudding”
Now is the season for wonderful Fava Beans in Sweden. I remember the days back in 1966 when nobody used this excellent vegetable or knew about the wonderful effects of it in Sweden. Nowadays even swedes buy fresh fava beans… so we have come a long way. In Iran, fava beans are used either as snacks during summer and early autumn or used in vegetarian patties or in a wonderful risotto together with herbs. I will blog about the risotto later. Continue reading “Wonderful vegetarian snacks – Fava Beans”
I like different kinds of soups, especially during autumn and winter, since autumn is here (in Sweden) I decided to make Kale soup. It really became a hit! Fast and simple and comforting food! If you avoid cream, it will be completely vegan. I remove the stalk but you are free to use the whole kale.
If you avoid using cream it will be all vegan!
450 grams of Kale
2 yellow onions
3 – 4 garlic cloves
1.5 dl white wine
1 liter of water
2 st concentrated stock “Fund Du Chef”
1 teaspoon salt
2 ml or 2/4 of a teaspoon black pepper
1 ml or ¼ of a teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 ml or ¼ of a teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 – 2 dl cream (can be excluded)
1 – 2 tablespoons of squeezed lemon
Butter for frying
- Melt the butter in a spacious pan
- Add the onion and fry for 5 – 7 minutes
- Add the garlic and continue to fry for an additional 2 minutes
- Add the wine and half of the water
- Put the lid on and let it simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the kale, seasoning, the two “Fond du Chef” and the rest of the water.
- Bring it to a simmer on medium heat (with the lid on) for an additional 15 minutes or until the Kale has reduced in volume.
- When the kale has reduced in volume, mix it well and allow to simmer for 5 more minutes with the lid on.
- Process the mixture in a mixer and then pour it back into the pan.
- Add the lemon juice and the cream (optional), taste and adjust seasoning.
Ready to serve! Warm sandwiches or garlic bread are nice to have with this soup.