So easy to bake these nut tops. So good that you will want to do it again and again. Continue reading “Nut cookies”
Delightful and delicious cookies that used to have the shape of the tongue. Baking can not be easier than this, and they are super delicious. Four ingredients only! Continue reading “Zaban – or Persian Tongue cookies!”
These Persian chickpea cookies are effortless to make and incredibly tasty! Only four ingredients. Continue reading “Nane Nochodchi – chickpea cookies”
Have you ever come home with fresh strawberries or melons, and they turn out to be tasteless? Then this trick is for you. You will never have flavorless fruit again! Continue reading “Tastiest strawberries”
Tasty soup with peeled wheat. It could not be easier and cheaper!
In Iran, we use a lot of barley in cooking, mostly in soups. Here is an example of soup that we make with peeled wheat. It can be made entirely vegetarian. Then exclude the chicken and add vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. Feel free to mix in some vegetarian chicken or similar if you want even more nutritious soup.
In Sweden, Willys is the grocery store that is cheapest at 17:90 for a kilo. One kilo goes a long way. The recipe below is enough for six hearty portions, and then you only use 1.5 dl of wheat grains!
Ingredients for 6 portions
|1.5 dl peeled wheat grains||1.5 tsp Salt|
|1.5 liters of water (approx.)||0.5 teaspoon turmeric|
|2 pcs. chicken thighs||0,5 tsp ground cumin|
|1 yellow onion||A bunch of parsley|
|2 carrots||2 pcs. Broth (preferably chicken broth)|
|3 – 4 stalks celery||2 tablespoons squeezed lemon|
|1 teaspoon black pepper||Possibly a little milk or cream towards the end|
- Soak the peeled wheat for at least 6 hours.
- Wash, dry, and dice the vegetables.
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan.
- Pour in the chopped vegetables and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour off the soaking water from the wheat.
- Pour over the wheat, rice grits, herbs, including bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Add the chicken thighs.
- Pour in so much water so that it covers everything.
- Bring to the boil – lower the heat and simmer under the lid for about 2 hours.
- Remove the cover and then simmer for another hour.
- Take out the chicken thighs and clean them from bones and any tendons.
- Return the cleaned chicken parts and well-chopped parsley to the soup.
- Add some milk or cream.
- Let simmer without the lid for about 30 minutes.
- Taste with more spices squeezed lemon, and possibly a little cream or milk.
Serve with some nice and tasty sandwiches.
Nothing is easier than homemade broth. Of course, it is okay to use ready-made, but if you have the time and energy, it is worth the effort to make your own. Continue reading “Chicken broth”
It is elementary to make tomato sauce yourself. It is cheap to buy ready-made tomato sauce, but you do not know what it is you are stuffing into it. So, purchase the tomatoes when it’s the most inexpensive and make your tomato sauce! You can also mix several different varieties of tomatoes or use just one type. This batch gives about 1 liter of tomato sauce. Continue reading “Tomato sauce”
Super tasty, cheap, and quick to make – what more could you ask for? Continue reading “Zucchini soup”
The best dessert is lemon sorbet, especially after a “heavy” dinner. I have received the best feedback from our youngest son Patrick who loves lemon sorbet; he thinks I have surpassed myself! You do not need an ice cream machine to make the sorbet either. Just follow the instructions at the end of this blog post. Continue reading “Lemon sorbet”
These Persian meat patties are easy to make and so delicious that you will lick your fingers!
Continue reading “Meat patties or Persian Kotlette gosht”