Easy, light, and juicy apple cake without butter. So good that you want to make it again and again.
Felt like baking a new apple cake today. I have several recipes, but now I want something new. This cake has EVERYTHING! It was a successful experiment.
|2 apples||200 g flour|
|2 Tbsp lemon juice||1 tsp baking powder|
|3 eggs||¼ tsp salt|
|150 g walnuts||2 tsp cinnamon|
|100 g brown sugar||2 tsp ground cardamom|
|100 g sugar||1 tsp ground cloves|
- Set the oven to 160° (C) or 135° (C) using the fan function.
- Grease a round spring form with oil and cover the mold with baking paper.
- Peel and cut the apples into small pieces. Add .2 tbsp squeezed lemon and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Chop the walnuts. You decide the coarseness yourself, not too big and not too small!
- Separate egg yolk and egg white.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl, add the chopped walnuts and mix well. Finally, add the spices and mix.
- Separate egg yolk and egg white. Whisk the egg whites until you can turn the bowl upside down without the egg whites running down, and set aside.
- Using the same whisk, whisk the sugar and egg yolks. It becomes almost like dough – but it doesn’t matter. Then mix the pulp with the apples.
- Mix the flour mixture and the apples and ensure everything is mixed well.
- Then add the egg whites in 3 batches to the batter and fold it into the batter, don’t beat!
- Pour the batter into the mold, and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Allow cooling slightly before inverting onto a serving plate.
Garnish with a bit of icing sugar and serve.