Super tasty pasta dish that takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish!PDF
Every time I see minced salsiccia in the shops, I immediately buy it because it has many uses at home. Even though I like to cook, it happens from time to time that I want to cook something relatively quickly and uncomplicated; like this recipe!
You can exclude both one and other items in this recipe. For example, you can use Asafetida or Hing for those allergic to onions and garlic. Asafetida is the ground root of a plant from northeastern Iran or India. True Hindus use Asafetida whenever a recipe calls for onion or garlic. I have tried it in many dishes with good results.
If you have bell pepper, you can dice it and use it in the dish; it is optional One must never follow recipes slavishly!
I always put something Persian in almost all dishes! I use something called limo-ammani (dried lime) that I grind at home; it is ready-made to buy in immigrant shops. But if you do not have it at home, you only use the grated peel of a lemon and perhaps some lemon juice.
We have to keep in mind that the minced meat is quite fat! I remove the excess fat when I have fried the salsiccia minced meat or sausage. Another thing that is good to remember is that the minced meat is relatively compact, so you must divide it into smaller pieces before frying it. If you want some “heat,” you can use chili peppers too – or why not a little sambal oelek (about one tsp). Sometimes I use fried mushrooms if I have them at home or some sliced olives. But use it sparingly; it must not take over the taste!
I use halved plum tomatoes in the dish. I fry half of it, and the rest I use when I serve the dish. The plum tomatoes are a little firmer in the meat and therefore fit well in this dish.
Well – these are just a few tips before we start. 😊
Ingredients for 4 servings
400 g minced salsiccia (or sausage)
1 yellow onion (chopped)
1 pepper in small cubes
2-3 garlic cloves (can be excluded)
0.5 – 1 pepper (the variety you like – can be excluded)
2 Tbsp tomato puree
1 Tbsp concentrated chicken stock
1 tsp Limmo-Ammani or grated peel of a lemon
0.5 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
5 dl water (2 cups)
15 – 20 halved plum tomatoes
A little rapeseed oil for frying.
1 – 2 Tbsp sour cream
- Chop the onion into small cubes.
- Chop or squeeze the garlic
- Chop the peppers into smaller cubes
- Halve the tomatoes
- Divide the minced meat into smaller pieces
- Measure out all the ingredients and have it ready before you start.
- Pour some oil into a pan and wait until it reaches 266° (F) before you add the onion.
- Fry the onion for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Then add the minced salsiccia meat and fry it for 3-4 minutes or until the meat has a nice color. Remove excess fat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced peppers and mix well. Let everything fry together for about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic – when you feel the aroma of the garlic, add the concentrated stock and tomato puree. Mix well.
- Add the water (Do not take everything at once). Add 2.5 dl (1 cup) first and gradually add the rest.
- Add 1 tsp dried basil, oregano, and grated zest of a lemon (or one teaspoon limmo-ammani)
- Let everything simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add half of the halved plum tomatoes and mix – add the rest of the water and let everything simmer for a couple of minutes.
- You can add one or two tablespoons of sour cream if you wish. It gives a beautiful creaminess to the dish.
- Taste and correct the seasoning.
Ready to be served with that spaghetti, for example. Serve with freshly sliced parmesan.