This recipe is between cake and bread, easy to make, and incredibly tasty!
I love banana nut bread, carrot cake, anything containing nuts with dried fruit, etc. This summer, I planted zucchini in our garden and got some substantial delicious zucchini. So I made soup and bread. This recipe was an experiment that turned out well. The bread is excellent for coffee or tea with or without soft cheese.
Apart from grated zucchini, you can have what you like. If you do not have nuts at home or are allergic, you can leave it at that – if you do not have chocolate at home, you can have something else, such as chopped dates, etc. You can use yogurt instead of sour cream – but feel free to taste the “dough” – you may need to add a little more sugar because yogurt is a little tarter than sour cream.
From experience, I know that it is best to measure everything and have it ready before you start! Once when I let it go, I forgot the sugar in the cakes, and it was not a pleasant experience, I must say – so mise en place!
Oven heat 347 ° (F) 1 hour – (Convection 302 ° F)
Mold: 1.5-liter mold
Ingredients for one bread/cake
|280 g all-purpose flour||2 eggs|
|1 tsp baking soda||200 g sugar|
|1 tsp baking powder||2,5 dl Creme Fraiche|
|1 tsp salt||67 g canola oil|
|0,5 tsp ground nutmeg||100 g chocolate|
|0,5 tsp cardamom||100 g coarsely chopped walnuts|
|2 tsk vanilla sugar or extract||200 g grated zucchini (on the coarse side)|
- Preheat the oven 350 ° (F) 1 hour – (convection oven 307 °) –
- Grate the zucchini on the roughest side of the grater. Chop the walnuts roughly.
- Measure everything and have it ready.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cardamom, nuts, and chocolate in a bowl.
- Mix sugar, vanilla sugar, and eggs in a separate bowl whisk until creamy (2 – 3 minutes)
- Add the oil and crème fraiche and continue whisking.
- Add flour mixture (with chocolate and nuts) to the egg mixture, a little at a time.
- Finally, add the grated zucchini – do not whisk! Instead, turn it into the batter.
- Line a form with parchment paper and pour in the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 60 – 60 minutes.
Allow the cake to cool completely (one hour) before cutting it.