So easy to bake these nut tops. So good that you will want to do it again and again.
In Iran, we make these cookies a little different way, you can take whatever nuts you want, but it tastes best with walnuts. It’s super easy to bake these cookies—just three ingredients. Sometimes, I add a little ground cardamom to enhance the taste, but you can exclude that. The cakes are a bit chewy and soft at first, so I chop 50 grams of the nuts a little coarser and grind the rest (100 grams) – but you can grind everything or coarsely chop everything; it’s up to you.
Ingredients for about 12 pcs
150 grams of groundnuts
150 grams of icing sugar
2 large egg whites
Tip of the knife of ground cardamom (can be excluded)
- Set the oven to 392° (F) – convection oven 347° (F)-
- Grind the nuts. You can also chop 50 grams of the walnuts a little coarsely and grind the rest – or chop all the nuts coarsely-
- Pour two egg whites into a mixing bowl and whisk it very stiffly.
- – it should be substantial! When you turn the bowl with the egg whites upside down, they must be stiff, not flowing!
- Meanwhile, mix ground and chopped nuts in a separate bowl, add icing sugar, and possibly a little (knife wipe) with ground cardamom. Mix well.
- When the egg whites are ready, take a few spoonsful of it and mix with the nut mix; turn down the egg whites – do not beat! Just move it in one direction.
- Sprinkle or click the cakes onto parchment paper – leave well at intervals between the cakes.
- Gently press in half a walnut in the middle of each cake.
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until the cakes have a nice color.
- Let the cookies rest for 10 minutes before placing them on a rack to cool.
So delicious with coffee or tea!