Delightful and delicious cookies that used to have the shape of the tongue. Baking can not be easier than this, and they are super delicious. Four ingredients only!
The cookies have the shape of a tongue hence the name. What you need is ready-made puff pastry from the freezer counter. You do not even have to roll the puff pastry!
In Iran, we usually use an oval-shaped cookie cutter for these cookies. But you can punch out these cookies in any shape or form. There are only four ingredients: pre-purchased puff pastry, honey, water, and sugar. That’s all 😊
The number depends on how big or small you make the cookies. For example, if you cut rectangular cookies, you get four pcs /puff pastry sheet (the Swedish puff pastry).
The puff pastry should be 3 – 5 mm thick.
For 8 pcs. rectangular zaban
2 pcs. puff pastry plates
3 tablespoons liquid honey
1 – 2 teaspoons lukewarm water
A little sugar
- Set the oven to 392 ° (F).
- Take out the puff pastry plates and let them thaw a little, about 30 minutes – it is easier to cut when the puff pastry is still a little stiff.
- Cut out rectangular cakes or the shape you like.
- Take a sharp knife and cut in the middle of the cookies, but not all the way.
- Place the cookies on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Mix honey and water and mix well; it must not be too loose and not too thick.
- Brush the cookies with the honey mixture.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on each cookie. I used 1/4 teaspoon for each cake – but you can take more if you wish.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes – turn off the heat and let the cookies bake for about 28 more minutes or until they have become golden on the surface.
- Take out the cookies and brush on honey water again.
Allow cooling completely.