Have you ever come home with fresh strawberries or melons, and they turn out to be tasteless? Then this trick is for you. You will never have flavorless fruit again!
A trick that makes the most tasteless strawberries taste divine! You can use the same procedure for other fruits when they lack flavor.
I do not know how many times I have come home with fresh strawberries and then been disappointed that they turn out to be completely tasteless. But then I came up with a trick used in Iran for melons, among other things. The secret is rose water and sugar!
400 grams of strawberries
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon rose water
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly under running water.
- Let it drain for a while.
- Groom and cut the large strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Pour over a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of rose water.
- Mix, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rest at room temperature for an hour.
The result is impressive!
You can do the same If you buy a melon, for example, a Galia melon, which is tasteless. Peel the melon – take out the seeds, cut them into smaller pieces, and mix sugar and rose water. Let it marinate for an hour.
Or do as we do in Iran – we grate the melon on the coarse side of the grater, and then we mix in sugar and rose water. Wonderful light dessert after a heavy meal, it suits all occasions.