I Blogged about Demi-glace a while ago. Here is a recipe for how you can make the world’s tastiest red wine sauce with just 1.25 dl demi-glace! The higher the quality of the wine, the more flavorful the sauce
Reduce the wine on low heat for approx. 20 minutes – if you want, you can add fresh herbs with stems and everything that simmer with the wine. If you do that – you need to strain it before adding demi-glace.
You can also cook this sauce with white wine if you prefer that.
Ingredients for 2 servings
1.75 dl red wine
1.25 dl of demi-glace
0.5 Tbsp concentrated chicken stock
0.5 ml salt
0.5 ml white pepper
- Pour 1.75 dl red wine, for example, into a saucepan. Let it boil, lower the heat – let it simmer until you have about 0.5 dl left. This process will take about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add 1.25 dl of demi-glace and reduce it until you get a moderately syrupy sauce – it takes about 10 minutes.
- Season with 0.5 ml salt, 0.5 ml black or white pepper.
- I also added 0.5 Tbsp concentrated chicken stock.
- Taste and correct the seasoning to suit you.
Ready to serve!
I served a nice piece of meat that I just fried with salt and pepper, together with glazed carrots, homemade French fries, and fresh tomatoes. Even suitable to serve with chicken.
If you want an even thicker sauce, you can mix equal parts cornstarch with cold water and add a little at a time to the sauce until you achieve the desired consistency of the sauce.