Proper sauce to have in the fridge! You can mix the sauce with vegetables, chicken, meat, and even cheese that you can fry. The sauce lasts for 6 months if you store it in the fridge – there is no risk that it will be older than 2 weeks here at home. 😊
The sauce becomes thicker when you reduce it and becomes almost like syrup.
The recipe contains Mirin and Sake (Japanese rice wine). Sake can be pretty expensive – it is enough to buy the absolute cheapest. You can order both Sake and Mirin online.
You can put your mark on the sauce by adding concentrated smoke aroma, sesame seeds, garlic, and ginger; try it out depending on what you cook.
250 grams Soy sauce
200 grams Mirin
200 grams Sake
65 grams Sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Have it on medium heat.
- Mix well until sugar dissolves.
- The sauce should not boil!
- Check to see if the sugar is dissolved with a spoon (see video)
- Let it cool before you pour it into a bottle or a container.