Today I have a guest blogger from Uppsala – She is cooking a wonderful dish called Butter chicken! Comfortable and super tasty. Enjoy!
From Easy to cook with Nazim (YouTube channel)
I’m Nazim. I learned to cook from my mother when I was 10. I started to bake and cook Indian cuisine. I am an Indian from Hyderabad. The legacy of authentic Hyderabadi cuisine and its unabridged royal saga of dishes and recipes still persist with old Deccan families. Hyderabadi cuisine comprises a broad repertoire of rice, wheat, and meat dishes and the skilled use of various spices, herbs, and natural edibles.
Easy butter chicken recipe
This easy butter chicken recipe is full of authentic Indian flavors. This dish is a healthy chicken curry recipe that is quick to make and perfect for a weeknight meal. The curry sauce is mild in spice but big in flavor! This is the best butter chicken recipe!
|For chicken marination||For curry (sauce)|
|500 G Boneless chicken||1 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp Chili powder||1 tsp Jeera powder (Cumin powder)|
|1 tsp Jeera powder (Cumin powder)||1 tsp Coriander powder|
|1 tsp Coriander powder||1/2 teaspoon Garam masala|
|1/2 tsp Garam masala||Salt as per taste|
|Salt as per taste||1 tsp ginger garlic paste (see note below)|
|1/2 tsp dry fenugreek leaves||1/2 cup heavy cream or yogurt|
|5 tablespoon Olive oil||1 onion|
|1 tsp ginger garlic paste (see note)||1 can Tomato|
|50 G Butter|
|1/2 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves|
- Take 500 G chicken Cut into small cubes.
- Add all the spices like chili powder, Jeera powder, coriander powder, garam masala Kasturi methi, and salt as per tastes.
- Marinate for 30 minutes-2 hours
- After marination, Take a frying pan and add oil.
- Fry till it becomes brown color.
For the curry
- Take a frying pan, add butter, add ginger garlic paste, and then the onion, tomato paste, and fry.
- Then add all the spices like chili powder, Jeera powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt as per taste in the onion and tomato curry.
- Then add all the fried chicken to the gravy.
- Cook till the butter separates from the curry.
- Add the yogurt and dry fenugreek leaves and mix.
Serve it to your loved ones with roti or naan or rice.
Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon: Take 100 g ginger and 100 g garlic. Clean and cut into small pieces and blend it. Your ginger garlic paste is ready. You can find this readymade also in Asian supermarkets brand Shan.
Dry fenugreek leaves or Kasturi methi is full of flavor. It is an herb with a bitter but addictive taste. It is used as a spice in Indian curries, sabzi, parathas. The pungent aroma and distinctive flavor fascinate the taste buds! You can find this in Asian supermarkets.
If you like this recipe, please do not hesitate to subscribe to Nazim’s YouTube channel.