Best bread ever! Tasty and very easy to make! With dates and walnuts – nothing can go wrong!
As you have probably guessed, I love nuts. Once we were in the United States visiting my brother Kian and his wife Judith, she had baked an excellent bread – you can eat it as a cake or breakfast bread. I asked for the recipe, of course! The recipe comes from her grandmother and is thus a family treasure. Make the bread when you come across cheap, really mature bananas, or when the bananas in the fruit basket are not so good looking anymore.
|71-gram butter||One tsp baking soda (double-acting)|
|150-gram sugar||2 – 3 ripe bananas – mashed.|
|One large egg||70 gram chopped dates or raisin|
|One teaspoon salt||60 gram chopped walnuts|
- Put the oven at 175 ° Celsius.
- Lubricate a plain (1½-liter) oblong baking tin with margarine, sprinkle plain flour in the container so that it covers the tin.
- Beat margarine or butter together with sugar in a bowl. – you can do it with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and mix it well.
- Mash the bananas and pour them into the batter, mix it well.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a plastic bag and pour it into the batter, do not whisk!
- Chop the nuts, mix with chopped dates or raisins and mix in the batter. Do not whip; stir everything to mix well.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin.
- Bake it in the oven for about 1 hour. Test it with a wooden; if it comes out with no dough attached to it – then the bread is ready.
Allow cooling before taking out the bread from the tin. Fold the bread into foil paper. The bread has long durability. Store in the refrigerator. Wonderful with Cream Cheese!