These cookies are delicious and straightforward to make. Do it this weekend, and you will probably become an even more popular person!
We literally love chocolate chip cookies in the house, but the variety I like the most contains nuts, and our beloved daughter-in-law does not tolerate nuts. These cookies came about when I wanted to bake something for her without nuts.
You can advantageously mix in different chocolate; I used white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate. You can, for example, mix in mint chocolate if you like it, etc. In other words, the cookie is flexible!
Ingredients for 26 cookies
120 grams of wheat flour
2 ml baking powder
1.5 ml baking soda
1.5 ml of salt
90 grams of butter
70 grams of brown sugar
90 grams of sugar
0.5 teaspoon vanilla sugar or extract
175 grams in total (several different kinds of chocolate), in small pieces
120 grams of coconut
- Preheat the oven to 320° Fahrenheit (Convection oven) or 374° Fahrenheit (regular oven).
Let the butter warm to room temperature.
- Mix butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar in a large bowl and whisk until creamy. Add the egg and continue to beat for a short while so that everything mixes well.
- Sift flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder, and baking soda into a separate bowl and mix it in the batter.
- Finally, mix in the grated coconut and the chocolate pieces.
- Measure out about 3/4 of a tablespoon and place it on parchment paper. Please leave enough space between the cookies. It takes about 8 – 10 minutes in the oven. It is done when the edges are lightly browned. Let it stand for 2 minutes before you move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.