We always have Boneless skinless chicken breast in the freezer, when I want to cook something good and uncomplicated it usually turns out to be filled chicken fillet, This recipe turned out so delicious that I decided to blog about it! The filling can vary in infinity.
The filling can vary in infinity. Sometimes it will be ham, cheddar cheese, and tarragon, another time it will be mashed pickled sun-dried tomatoes with Philadelphia cheese. I usually serve rice and homemade tomato sauce, but this time I served it with a Freekeh salad that I have blogged about before. You will find the recipe here
Ingredients for 2 fillets:
2 chicken fillets (Boneless skinless chicken breast ) cut in half like a butterfly
50 – 60 grams sunflower seeds (roasted)
1 dl chopped parsley
2 dl cream cheese (room temperature)
Panko or bread crumbs
- Toast the sunflower seeds 3 – 4 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a bowl, mix sunflower seeds, the cream cheese, and chopped parsley very well.
- Cut the chicken in the middle like a butterfly and fill it with the cream cheese mixture, then fold it.
- Season the fillet on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Pour out some flour on a plate and roll the chicken in it – it has to cover both sides.
- Whisk an egg in a separate dish and drop the chicken in there and make sure that the fillets are covered with the egg wash.
- Prepare a separate plate with either bread crumbs or Panko. Put the chicken fillets in the egg wash first and then the bread crumbs or Panko (Japanese bread crumb put it aside.
- Heat a pan with some oil and fry the chicken fillets until golden brown on both sides, approximately 3 – 4 minutes on each side.
- Put the fillet in an oven dish and bake it in 175 degrees Celsius until the inner temperature reaches 70 degrees Celsius.
Serve with Freekeh Salad!