This is super tasty pepper pickled in lots of garlic, parsley, and olive oil – so light and incredibly useful with long shelf life. A perfect gift!
Got the recipe from a friend from Bosnia – now the recipe came to life again. 3 kilos of peppers became a jar (about 0.5 liters). You can advantageously mix different peppers, such as red or yellow pepper (see picture).
|Ingredients (Will fill a 2 cups jar)|
|3 kilos of paprika|
|Lots of garlic (1 – 2)|
|A hefty bunch of parsley|
NOTE! If you are allergic to garlic, you can rule it out. In that case, use other herbs such as seasonings, chives, oregano, basil, etc.
- Start by washing the peppers thoroughly. Then put these in a large bowl with lukewarm water and a tablespoon of bicarbonate, let it rest for a while – then rinse and dry the peppers.
- Rinse the parsley and let it dry for a while – or use a salad sling to remove all the water. Cut off some of the stems – but not all because much of the taste is in the branch!
- Soak the garlic cloves in lukewarm water – it makes it easier to peel them.
- Put one or two frying pans on high heat, fry the peppers (without oil) in the frying pans until they get black spots all around – turn the peppers a few times. Transfer the peppers to an oven dish (without oil) and let it “re-cook” in the oven on the highest heat for about 10-15 minutes or until they become soft.
- Peel the garlic – you can divide the slices or cut into smaller pieces, or leave the slices whole – it’s a matter of taste.
- Take out the peppers and put them in a saucepan with a lid for less than 5 minutes; steam is formed in the saucepan, and in this way, it makes it easier when you peel the peppers. Peel the peppers and set aside. Please do not use water; it takes away too much of taste.
- Place the peppers on a tray and lightly salt on one side – set aside.
- Disinfect the jars you want to use in the oven – 120 degrees (248 Fahrenheit) heat for 10 – 15 minutes. Let it cool a bit.
- Make a workstation with the garlic, parsley, and peppers.
- Pour a little salt into the bottoms of the jar (1/4 of a teaspoon) – cover with garlic and parsley. Then layer with peppers. Continue until you have filled the entire /jar. Pour on olive oil, using a knife to ensure that olive oil covers everything and penetrates the glass jar.
- Put on some plastic wrap and put on the lid. Store in a dark and cold place. It can be used after 4 – 5 weeks.
Area of use:
- Shred and have it in salads of various kinds.
- Cut it into the desired shape as a decoration for different dishes.
- Use it to make muhammara.
These kinds of peppers are also gook to combine in the pickles.