This is a recipe for super delicious meatballs with lots of flavors. So tasty and comforting on a rainy summer day!
On a rainy summer day, you need comfort food; it is just perfect with parmesan meatballs and tomato sauce, which works great just like that.
The meatballs are super tasty, and they work so well with tomato sauce. You can serve this dish with rice or pasta. The entire dinner is ready in just one hour.
The recipe gives five large portions. Both the tomato sauce and the meatballs are excellent for freezing. I freeze these separately, but it is also possible to mix them before putting them in the freezer.
Here I have used minced veal, but it works excellent to use beef or turkey, etc. The fund can be adapted to the meat you use, if you want vegetarian or vegan tomato sauce, you can use vegetable broth instead.
Feel free to start with the tomato sauce because it will taste better if it simmers for at least one hour.
The technique I use for the meatballs is that I first roll them, and then I have water in a saucepan mixed with a tablespoon or two of the concentrated fund. Please bring it to a boil, lower the heat considerably, put in the meatballs one by one, and lift them when they come to the surface. In this way, the meatballs keep the shape in the frying pan, besides they do not absorb a lot of fat.
If you are allergic to onions, you can rule it out.
Ingredients for five servings
|Meatballs||The tomato sauce|
|500 g (17,63 oz) of minced veal||3 shallots (chopped well)|
|40 g (1,41 oz) grated parmesan (Reggiano)||2 garlic cloves (chopped well)|
|30 g (1,05 oz) chopped parsley||1 teaspoon salt|
|60 g (2,11 oz) bread crumbs||1/4 tsp black pepper|
|2 dl (7,05 oz) of water||1 teaspoon turmeric|
|1 – 2 Tbsp calf fund||1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder|
|1 egg||500 grams (17,63 oz) of crushed tomatoes|
|2 teaspoons salt||2 tablespoons tomato puree|
|0,5 tsp black pepper||1 – 2 tbsp concentrated veal fund|
|2 garlic cloves (pressed or chopped)||2 tsp dried parsley|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|Taste and add some wine or lemon juice|
The method for the tomato sauce:
- Chop the shallots, squeeze the garlic or chop, measure everything, and have it ready before you begin.
- Fry well-chopped shallots in a mixture of butter and oil for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds – 1 minute before adding the spices and mix well.
- Let everything cook on medium heat for about 1 minute before adding crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, water, and fund. Bring it to a boil then lower the heat and let it simmer. Add the dried herbs 2 tsp dried parsley, 1 tsp dried oregano and 1 tsp dried basil, mix well.
- Let everything come to a boil – lower the heat and let it simmer for about an hour.
The method for the meatballs
- Mix bread crumbs, spices, eggs, water, fondant, parmesan, and chopped parsley in a bowl – mix well. Allow the mixture to swell for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the mash and mix well.
- Measure out the meatballs and roll.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan, lower the heat and let simmer, mix in the fund. Place the raw meatballs in the pot. Lift the meatballs when they come to the surface. Put aside.
- Fry the meatballs in a mixture of butter and oil.
- Before serving, place the meatballs in the tomato sauce and heat.
Serve with rice or pasta.