Easy to make and incredibly delicious apple cake!
Now is the time for apple cake! Below you will find a basic recipe for the apple cake that can be varied. Sometimes I mix in a teaspoon of ground cardamom in the batter, and sometimes I powder some cinnamon on the apple slices before I put it in the butter depending on what I feel for!
Springform 23 cm (9 inches) in diameter
Ingredients for 12 – 14 pieces
|50 g (1,76 oz) butter||50 g (1,76 oz) butter|
|1 dl (3,52 oz) milk or cream||1 dl (3,52 oz) of brown sugar|
|2 eggs||1 Tbsp of milk or cream|
|2 dl sugar|
|3 dl (180 g) (6,35 oz) all-purpose flour|
|1.5 tsp baking powder|
|50 – 70 g (1,76 – 2,46 oz) pecans|
|Option 1 – mix 1 tsp of ground cardamom into the batter|
|Option 2 – Powder 1 – 2 teaspoons of cinnamon on the apple slices before putting in the batter.|
- Dress a spring shape with parchment paper.
- Set oven to 175 ° C (347 ° F).
- Measure out all ingredients and set aside. Wait to peel apples.
- Melt the butter and mix with milk or cream.
- Beat eggs and sugar to a smooth paste or until the batter changes color.
- Mix in the butter mixture while whisking continually.
- Mix flour and baking powder and pour it into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the mold.
- Peel, cut the apples, cut into relatively thin chunks and place in the batter. Then add in the pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Five minutes before the time is up for the cake, you can start by making the glaze. Mix all ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil- lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven after 45 minutes. Spread the glaze evenly over the cake and let it cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Take the cake out of the mold, and serve with vanilla custard or ice cream.