Easy and tasty cookies in a jiffy!
This recipe for the cookie was among all the other descriptions that I had saved during the 70:s, and I know that it is more than 40 years since I last baked them, which magazine it was has fallen into oblivion, and unfortunately, I did not make a note of it. Of course, I have changed the recipe and think they are super tasty. I call them party cookies because they are easy and quick to make.
|Gives 40 cookies||Garnish|
|200 g (7,06 oz) butter||One egg yolk|
|93 g (3,30 oz) confectioner sugar||Zest from half a lemon|
|50 g (1,76 oz) Almond paste||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp vanilla sugar or extract|
|Zest from half a lemon|
|206 g (7,30 oz) flour|
- Mix everything in a mixer and process it until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough, shape it, so it is about 4 cm in diameter. Wrap it in plastic and let it rest in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take out the dough – unwrap it, then brush it with the egg yolk.
- Roll it in a mixture of caster sugar and zest from half a lemon.
- Cut the cookies quickly into slices (0.5 cm) (1,96 inches) and place them on a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Bake in 200 ° oven for 10 minutes.
Perfect cookies to have with coffee after dinner.