A very easy and delicious Swedish Love cake or Kärleksmums as it is called in Sweden.
In the 70’s I got a recipe for this beautiful yummy love cake from my husband’s godmother Eva, these were baked diligently at home for a while. Put the description away when not in use, and forgot all about it. I looked for it recently, and I couldn’t find it. I started to clear and clean all my recipes, it took a while, but Eva’s recipe was just gone! In the end, I found it in a safe place 😊. The basic recipe is for an oven plate that is 30 x 40 cm – we bake it in smaller molds and reduce the ingredients accordingly. In the end, I indicate half and 1/3 of the batter, and in what oven form it is suitable. The best height for this cake is 2 inches or 2.5 cm.
By far, the tastiest cake! Heavenly!
|2||Egg||200 gram||Icing sugar|
|312 gram||Sugar||4 Tbsp||Melted butter|
|150 gram||Milk||5 Tbsp||Coffee|
|288 gram||Flour||1 Tbsp||Cocoa|
|2 tsp||Baking powder||2 tsp||Vanilla sugar|
|2 tsp||Vanilla sugar|
- Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa, and vanilla sugar, set aside.
- Combine egg and sugar and mix until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Now you can add the milk and the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and vanilla sugar mixture.
- Mix for a minute or two.
- Add the melted butter, and continue mixing for another minute.
- Line an 8 x 12 (20×30 cm) inches mold with parchment paper.
- Pour in the cake mixture and even it out.
- Bake the cake for 20 minutes.
- Take out the cake. Use a tray with parchment paper and turn the cake.
- Now – carefully remove the parchment paper that lined the mold.
- Line another tray or grid with parchment paper and turn the cake one more time.
- Make small holes in the cake with a stick.
- Combine coffee and butter in a saucepan, melt the butter on medium-low heat.
- Add icing sugar, cocoa, and vanilla sugar. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the glaze over the hot cake and even it out.
- Pour generously with grated coconut over the cake.
- Cut the cake in the shape or form of your choice.
Put the cookies in a suitable container; keep it in the fridge or a cool place.
|Butter||130 g||65 g||50 g|
|Milk||150 g||75 g||50 g|
|Egg||90 g||45 g||110 g|
|Sugar||312 g||156 g||110 g|
|Vanilla sugar||2 tsp||2 tsp||2 tsp|
|Cocoa||1 Tbsp||1 Tbsp||20 g|
|Baking powder||2 tsp||2 tsp||2 tsp|
|Flour||288 g||145 g||100|
|Butter||4 Tbsp||40 g||40 g|
|Coffee||5 Tbsp||41 g||41 g|
|Cocoa||1 Tbsp||1 Tbsp||1 Tbsp|
|Vanilla sugar||2 tsp||0,75 Tbsp||0,75 Tbsp|
|Icing sugar||200 g||150 g||151 g|