This is a recipe for exceptionally excellent strawberry jam! Easy to make and tasty.
Swedish Waffle day occurs on the 25th of March, so we decided to have waffles, but I had to make the strawberry jam which is exceptionally delicious with waffles. My frozen strawberries just had to do,
Cardamom and rose water along with strawberries is almost like a marriage in heaven! You will not regret trying it!
Ingredients for approximately 2 cups of jam.
1 liter (4 cups) of strawberries
2.5 dl or 1 cup of sugar
1,2 ml or 1/4 of a teaspoon vanilla genuine powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
0.5 dl water or just under 1/4 of a cup (take half if using frozen berries)
1/4 of a teaspoon ground cardamom
1.5 teaspoons of rose water
- If you use frozen berries, it is advantageous if you thaw it slightly so that you can cut it. Divide the strawberries into smaller pieces, depending on how large they are. I divided mine into four parts and the really small strawberries were split in two.
- Place the strawberries in a spacious saucepan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Have it on medium heat until it starts to boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer (with no lid) for 20 minutes, the longer you cook the jam, the thicker it becomes.
- We like a little thicker texture so I let it simmer for a total of 30 minutes.
- Place the jam jar you intend to use in a 100-degree Celsius (212 Fahrenheit) oven about 10 – 20 minutes.
- Pour the jam in the jar, let it cool completely before you put it in the fridge.
About vanilla powder:
A can contains 10 g (0,35 ounce) which is enough for 5 teaspoons, but only a quarter to half the amount is needed compared to vanilla sugar. The genuine vanilla powder consists of ground vanilla bars and has a natural vanilla flavor, unlike vanilla sugar.
Available in well-stocked grocery stores or online, 10 grams costs about SEK 85 or 8 – 9 dollars.