Easy and delicious pork loin, wonderful weekend food. I usually buy pork loin when the shops have it on sale for less than 2,50 dollars/pound. The best way to prepare the pork loin is to cook it in the oven, it will turn out very juicy and nice.
This is a very popular dish when we have many guests or just a few. It can be prepared well in advance.
The marinade is fantastic – I usually let the meat marinate for two days, but you don’t have to – it only takes a few hours (3 – 4 hours), or overnight.
I prepare it always in the oven first, let it rest in the fridge, depending on the weather we either use the barbeque outdoors or the oven. I really like the fact that it can be prepared well in advance. You can either use a premanufactured glaze or make your own.
It is preferable if you let the meat come to room temperature before roasting it on the barbecue or in the oven.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
1 kg pork loin
0.5 dl (a little less than 1/4 of a cup) of soya sauce (Kikkoman)
0.5 dl liquid honey (a little less than 1/4 of a cup)
0.5 dl Heinz chili sauce or any other chili sauce you prefer (a little less than 1/4 of a cup)
1 large yellow onion
3 pcs. garlic cloves (pressed or in thin slices)
0.5 tsp black pepper
2.5 – 3 dl of rapeseed oil (1 cup)
Other flavors – dry oregano, basil, parsley, chives, etc. Choose one or more to taste the marinade with. I usually take a teaspoon of dried oregano and even basil. Be adventures and try a few different variants.
Suggestions for glaze:
1 lime or lemon, squeeze the juice and grate the peel.
1 dl liquid honey
1 tablespoon peeled and grated ginger
3 pcs. pressed garlic cloves (can be excluded)
- Trim the meat and remove any unnecessary fat.
- Peel and cut the onions into strips, you can use the onion later and serve it with the meat, but first, it has to do its thing in the marinade.
- Measure all the ingredients for the marinade and then mix the marinade in double plastic bags or a suitable bowl. Add the onion last and make sure everything is mixed well before you put in the meat. Turn the meat a few times in the marinade before sealing the bag or covering the bowl.
- Put the meat in the fridge, either overnight or at least 3 – 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (347 Fahrenheit).
- Remove the meat from the marinade, remove the onion and garlic from the meat. Strain the onion.
- Put the meat in a suitable oven dish.
- Insert a roasting thermometer into the thickest part of the meat.
- Remove the meat when the roasting thermometer shows 70 degrees Celsius (158 Fahrenheit).
- You can prepare the meat well in advance, let the meat rest properly in the fridge.
- Now you can either grill it on the outdoor barbeque or in the oven. Regardless of the method, it is a good idea to prepare a glaze for the meat.
- Measure all ingredients for the glaze and mix it well.
- Brush the meat generously with glaze when grilling.
- Fry the marinated onion in a frying pan for a few minutes.
Serve with Hasselback potatoes, fried onion, bearnaise sauce, and green salad.