The absolutely most wonderful strawberry syrup for the ice cream of your choice! I just love strawberries and nowadays one can find fresh strawberries in the store already in March, but the price is rather high if you want to use it for a sauce or syrup – that is why I chose to use frozen berries for the syrup.
For the strawberry ice cream, I will be using fresh strawberries. I will be serving an Ice Cream bomb with 3 different tastes on Sunday, the strawberry syrup will be wonderful with the ice cream.
Ingredients: gives about 3 dl of syrup or sauce
500 gram frozen or fresh strawberries
1 – 1 1/4 dl sugar
Few drops of lemon juice
Few drops of rose water
- Pour in the frozen or fresh strawberries in a saucepan, add the sugar. Let it simmer on very low heat.
- When sugar is dissolved and strawberries are soft then it is time to take the pan from the heat.
- Process it in a mixer for a minute or two.
- Pour it into a fine mesh strainer over the saucepan that you used. Help it strain through the mesh with a spoon.
- Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 10 – 15 minutes on low heat. Skim it as you go! If you feel lazy you can just skip this part – nothing wrong with the skim, you just save the skim – it is for the cook!
- The sauce is done when it has thickened.
Pour it in a jar and keep it refrigerated, it keeps well for a week or 10 days in the fridge.
2 thoughts on “Strawberry Sauce”
Great post 🙂
Thank you very much! Great to receive comments! Pleased that you like it.