This is a very easy recipe and suitable when you are very many people or just a few! Wonderful Sunday breakfast.
The mixture is the same as the “thin” Swedish pancakes but easier since you use the oven instead of a frying pan. Freezes well!
Ingredients for 4 people:
280 grams of bacon (thin slices and cut in small pieces)
1/4 of a teaspoon white pepper
7 dl of milk
3,5 dl of flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
Oil and butter
A oven dish 38 x 26 cm or 15 x 10 inches
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees (Celsius) or 392 (Fahrenheit).
- Heat a pan and fry the bacon crispy, season with 1/4 of a teaspoon white pepper. Lower the heat and keep the bacon warm meanwhile you make your pancake mixture.
- Pour in the eggs in a stand mixer, add the sugar and salt and mix for a couple of minutes.
- Add half of the flour and milk and continue mixing for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the milk and flour and mix well.
- Butter and oil an oven dish, be very meticulous when it comes to the corners.
- Pour in the pancake mixture, add the crispy bacon with its fat and divide it evenly in the pan.
- Put it in the oven – you will see big “bubbles” after 10 – 15 minutes, (see picture below). Lower the heat to 175 (Celsius) or 347 (Fahrenheit) after 30 minutes and let the pancake cook for additional 10 minutes.
Take it out and cut with a sharp knife into desired pieces. Serve with lingonberry.