Quesadillas are a favorite in our household, especially for my sons. I make a lot of them once in a while and take it with me when I visit my sons. It is suitable as a snack or a whole meal.
You can make Quesadillas with the mixture you like, that is, either chicken, turkey or why not completely vegetarian? The accessories can be varied indefinitely, a mixture of taco sauce with sour cream, guacamole, green salad. Just serve with whatever you prefer.
4 chicken fillets shredded
3 pcs. peppers in different colors
2 – 3 shredded onions
Grated cheese (half cheddar, half mozzarella)
Tortillas 12 – 16 pcs.
- Shred the chicken fillets and fry for a few minutes in some butter, season with the taco seasoning, set aside.
- Shred the onion and fry for 5 – 7 minutes, set aside.
- Shred the peppers and fry quickly in butter and set aside.
- Organize a station with the different ingredients in separate containers.
- Take a tortilla, sprinkle with a little cheese mixture then take some chicken, onion and pepper mixture. Sprinkle some cheese over and turn the empty half over and squeeze properly.
- Melt a little butter or oil (or a mixture) and fry it in the hot frying pan. Put a plate over and press. Turn and press the edges.
Keep these hot in the oven until it is time for serving. Serve with a mixture of taco sauce and sour cream, guacamole or whatever you like. A green salad is never wrong.