Stuffed dates are a must have in our household when it is time for Christmas and other festivals. You can fill the dates either with walnuts or peeled almonds or why not with roasted hazelnuts?
Important to roll the marzipan rather thin. You can also mix a little cognac or something else in the chocolate. I was invited to a ladies dinner party last weekend and made some of this wonderfully filled dates with me as a contribution to the Christmas buffet, the dates really made a success! Simple but delicious and maybe a good Christmas gift to someone who has everything?
I have tried it with marzipan cover for cakes but it did not turn out as good as real marzipan!
walnuts or peeled almonds or roasted hazelnuts
Chocolate (dark, light or a mixture)
- Core the dates.
- Fill with walnuts (walnut halves)
- Cut the marzipan and roll thinly
- Melt the chocolate over hot water. You can taste the chocolate with, for example, cognac or let it be as it is.
- Dip one end of the marzipan date in chocolates and let it cool.
- Store in the refrigerator.