Apart from different kinds of soups, I like to make pies for lunch or dinner in the fall. Yesterday I poured out my creativity and made the world’s best mince pie with elements from Persian cuisine. When we are many, I simply make a big pie – but when it’s just me and my husband, I prefer to make several smaller pies – we eat what we can and the rest will be kept in the freezer.
If you have a good recipe for the pie crust, you can use it. I make a simple classic pie crust, then I fill it with what I have at home or what I feel for.
The recipe gives a large pie or 6 small pies. The big pie can be made in a springform or an ordinary larger pie form.
4.5 dl wheat flour
185 grams of butter
3 tablespoons cold water
1 yellow onion
500 grams of ground beef or turkey
4 large mushrooms
150 grams of chanterelles
2 peppers either yellow, red or green. I used half of each
4 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons chili sauce
1 dl of water
2 dl creme fraiche (chili and peppers)
1 tbsp concentrated fund
1 – 2 tsp of squeezed lemon
A few drops of Worcestershire sauce (can be excluded)
1.5 teaspoons of salt
2/5 of a teaspoon black pepper
1.5 teaspoon marjoram
2 teaspoon peppers
1/5 of a teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 – 2 teaspoons powdered dried lime (Garde limo)
Thin slices of tomatoes
Grated cheese (I chose Cheddar cheese – it must be a quite tasty cheese)
2 dl milk
- Mix the dough in a mixer until it becomes a dough and releases the mixer.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, you can make the filling. Start by peeling and chopping the onion, preparing the garlic by chopping it very finely, or whatever way you prefer.
- Clean the peppers and cut into smaller pieces.
- Peel the mushrooms and cut into smaller pieces. Chop the chanterelles roughly.
- Mix the spices.
- Fry the onions for about 7 minutes, add the garlic, the peppers, mushrooms, and the chanterelles. Season with half of the spice mixture. Continue to fry for an additional minute. Put all in a spacious pan.
- Fry the meat in the same frying pan. Sprinkle the meat with the rest of the spice mixture and stir. Also, add the meat to the saucepan along with the vegetable mixture.
- Pour over chili, crème fraiche, concentrated fond and water. Taste and correct the spice to suit you.
- Let everything simmer for a short while. Put it aside.
- Remove the pie dough from the fridge, divide it into 6 pieces (if you want to make smaller pies). Roll it between plastic foil and place in individual small pie shapes.
- Put aluminum foil paper around the edges, prick the pie and cook in 200-degree oven (Celsius) heat for 10 minutes. Let cool down so that it is easy to handle.
- Fill the pies with the meat filling, Slice the tomatoes thinly and put on top of the pies.
- Whisk the filling mixture consisting of egg and milk and pour over the pies.
- Take as much shredded cheese as you like on top of the pies and bake at 200 degrees (Celsius) for 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy a salad. Here I chose Salad Shirazi. So deliciouse!