I like different kinds of soups, especially during autumn and winter, since autumn is here (in Sweden) I decided to make Kale soup. It really became a hit! Fast and simple and comforting food! If you avoid cream, it will be completely vegan. I remove the stalk but you are free to use the whole kale.
If you avoid using cream it will be all vegan!
450 grams of Kale
2 yellow onions
3 – 4 garlic cloves
1.5 dl white wine
1 liter of water
2 st concentrated stock “Fund Du Chef”
1 teaspoon salt
2 ml or 2/4 of a teaspoon black pepper
1 ml or ¼ of a teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 ml or ¼ of a teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 – 2 dl cream (can be excluded)
1 – 2 tablespoons of squeezed lemon
Butter for frying
- Melt the butter in a spacious pan
- Add the onion and fry for 5 – 7 minutes
- Add the garlic and continue to fry for an additional 2 minutes
- Add the wine and half of the water
- Put the lid on and let it simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the kale, seasoning, the two “Fond du Chef” and the rest of the water.
- Bring it to a simmer on medium heat (with the lid on) for an additional 15 minutes or until the Kale has reduced in volume.
- When the kale has reduced in volume, mix it well and allow to simmer for 5 more minutes with the lid on.
- Process the mixture in a mixer and then pour it back into the pan.
- Add the lemon juice and the cream (optional), taste and adjust seasoning.
Ready to serve! Warm sandwiches or garlic bread are nice to have with this soup.