I had promised to bake Birthday cakes for my brother-in-law. Since we were going to be many people I decided to bake two cakes and two cheesecakes. The most popular one turned out to be my Lime cheesecake.
It is very easy to make, the bottom consists of digestive crackers, white chocolate, and butter, it does not need to be cooked in the oven either. I always increase the amount of lime zest and juice because I know that it appeals to all Iranians when it is sweet and sour!
You can use lime coloring agent of some sort if you want to play with colors, I don’t like using coloring and therefore I avoid it – I just want you to know that you have that possibility.
Have made the cake a few times and found that it is easiest to grate the chocolate before melting it. You can, of course, chop it but then it will take a little longer to melt it.
The garnish is, of course, a personal matter, I garnish it with melted white and dark chocolate, using gold powder and a little-dried zest from the lime or well-chopped pistachio nuts. But if you are in a hurry you can just sprinkle freeze-dried raspberries or whatever you like really.
Let your creativity flow 😊
100 grams of butter
75 grams of white chocolate
150 grams digestive biscuits
3 pieces of gelatin leaf
1 dl whip cream
300 g of fresh cheese natural (Philadelphia cheese works excellent)
100 g sour cream
1 can of condensed milk sweetened (397 g)
3 teaspoons lime zest (3 – 4 lime)
0.75 dl Pressed juice from the lime
50 g white chocolate
50 g Dark chocolate
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons raspberry freeze dried
1 tablespoon lime zest or chopped pistachio nuts
1 ml Gold powder
- Melt the butter.
- Grate 75 grams of white chocolate on the roughest side of the grater, melt it in the butter.
- Pulverize the biscuit either roughly or fine.
- Mix the chocolate and butter mixture with the biscuit crumbs.
- Spread the mixture evenly in an oven form with a removable edge, about 24 cm in diameter.
- Put it in the fridge to become solid.
- Place the gelatin sheets in cold water for about 5 minutes.
- Beat cheese, sour cream, and condensed milk.
- Rinse off the limes, dry it and then grate the lime. You will need 3 teaspoons.
- Squeeze out 3/4 dl juice.
- Mix the cheese mixture with zest and juice from the limes.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan.
- Pick up the gelatin leaves and melt them in the cream.
- Let cool down.
- Mix the cream with the cheese mixture and mix well. Pour the batter into the mold. Store in the fridge – take about 4 hours to solidify.
- Chop or grate the chocolate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and add the white chocolate, mix until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Do the same thing with dark chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate into separate icing bags and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the cake from the fridge, decorate with white and dark chocolate.
- Pour over freeze-dried raspberries, lime zest, gold powder.
- Garnish the cheesecake and let it solidify before serving.
Let the creativity flow when you decorate!