My daughter-in-law Anna is allergic to all fruits with kernel and nuts in general. In other words, there are few if any Granola Bars that she can eat., so I decided to make Granola Bars that she actually can eat.
It is important to roast sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, oatmeal and coconut chips. Therefore, you start by roasting everything. Now I had coconut chips that were already roasted otherwise you just mix the coconut chips and oatmeal before roasting them in the oven. It’s incredibly easy to make Granola Bars, iit takes some doing to pack each Granola Bar but it’s worth it!
5 dl oatmeal
2.5 dl coconut flakes
2.5 dl dried cranberries
1 dl pumpkin seed
1 dl sunflower seed
1 dl sesame seed
1.25 dl liquid honey
0.6 dl of sugar
0.5 teaspoon salt
1 tsp vanilla sugar
30 – 40 grams of butter
An oven-proof form 25×35 cm
- Turn on the oven (250 degrees Celsius).
- Dress the oven-proof form with baking paper.
- Mix the oatmeal and coconut chips in an oven form and roast it in the oven for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally to make the mixture evenly roasted.
- Roast the sesame in a pan.
- Mix the sunflower seeds and pumpkin kernels and roast it as well.
- Mix coarsely chopped cranberries with pumpkin kernels, sesame and sunflower seeds in a bowl.
- Add the roasted oatmeal and coconut flakes when they are ready.
- Mix liquid honey, sugar, salt, vanilla sugar and butter in a saucepan. When it starts boiling, remove the saucepan and mix the liquid with the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Pour the mixture into pre-cooked oven mold and bake in 175-degree (Celsius) heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool properly before cutting it into the desired shape. Pack it in parchment paper. Enjoy!