I ordered party food for my brother in law from a place called Ingelsta Kalkon here in Sweden, everything is made out of Turkey. They had some twirls that were incredibly delicious. I exchanged recipes with the company, they received a recipe from me and I was told how the twirls were made, but no measure. Now I’ve tested it several times and it just gets better and better.
The twirls from Ingelsta Kalkon did not have as much bacon as I use, they were significantly smaller as well. But here is my version or interpretation of these tasty twirls. It is very nice to serve it with a drink before dinner for example. I served it with champagne when I held Baby Shower for my daughter-in-law. She loves these twirls and I make it for her every time they come for a visit 😊
1 sheet of ready-to-go puff pastry
300 grams of turkey bacon or plain bacon
1 dl fresh parsley (well-chopped) or 1 tablespoon dried.
150 grams of Philadelphia cheese
50 – 70 grams of creme fraiche
Grated cheese with a strong taste like cheddar.
- Remove the puff pastry from the fridge.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees (Celsius).
- Chop the bacon and fry it really crunchy, let it drain on paper towel.
- Mix the crème Fraiche and the Philadelphia cheese. It should be easy to spread it on the puff pastry.
- Roll out the puff pastry.
- Spread the crème Fraiche and the Philadelphia cheese mixture over the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle over bacon and parsley.
- Roll and cut into 2cm (roughly) thick slices.
- Put it on an oven plate, top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Can be served cold or hot!