Sometimes when we have some kind of kebab or another barbeque dish, I serve Mast O Mosir as an accessory. What is Mosir? Persian mosir is a special type of shallots – not the one you can buy in grocery stores but allium stipitatum. Never seen fresh ones in Sweden but dried mosir is available in all Middle East stores (see picture below). A good thing to have at home. Its area of use is many. It is simply a mixture of onion and garlic, with the advantage that you will not smell garlic!
You can use it as a dip, cold sauce with kebab or other barbequed dishes and why not use it instead of butter on bread? Incredibly good and refreshing taste.
Learn more about how useful musir is
- Soak 8 – 10 pieces of dried shallots in water for at least 2 hours. If you want a sharper taste, you can use some more dried shallots.
- Run it in a small “mixer” or chop it very well.
- Mix with 4 dl of natural yogurt.
- Add salt and pepper, taste and add more if necessary.
- I also add a few drops of freshly pressed lemon juice.
- Let it stand in the fridge overnight, or at least 4 – 6 hours.
Once you have tasted this wonderful mast o mosir you are lost forever!
simply soak and process it with a hand mixer – mix with yogurt, salt, and pepper!