Carrot cake is a favorite in our household, but I thought we needed to renew ourselves. Had a big Zucchini at home and wanted to do something about it. Zucchini burgers of course but the zucchini I had at home was big enough to do something more with it. I decided to make a zucchini cake. One might think it’s strange to have vegetables in cakes but I guarantee – you will just love this cake.
The recipe is a combination of my recipe for carrot cake, gingerbread and some additional stuff. You will not regret making this delicious cake, I promise you! The cake is moist and durable. Fold it in aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator. Well – that thing about durable 😊 we eat it all within 2 – 3 days!
60 grams of whipped egg
200 grams of sugar (preferably half brown sugar and half ordinary sugar)
7 tablespoons vegetable oil (sunflower oil)
0.5 tablespoon vanilla sugar
160 grams of wheat flour
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
¼ of a teaspoon ground clove
0.5 teaspoon baking soda
2 ml baking powder
0.5 teaspoon salt
85 grams of coarsely chopped walnuts
130 grams of coarsely grated zucchini
- Crack an egg and whisk it properly. Measure 60 grams and set aside.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, cardamom, clove, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl, set aside.
- Beat the egg mixture in a separate spacious bowl and whisk until it becomes fluffy.
- Add the sugar gradually and continue whisking all the time until it becomes creamy. Add the vanilla sugar and continue whisking.
- Add the oil gradually and continue whisking.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Now add walnuts and zucchini and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Dress a 1.5-liter baking tin with baking paper and pour over the dough.
- Bake the cake in a 175-degree (Celsius) oven for about an hour.