Tomato soup is incredibly good once in a while. Have tried many different recipes over the years; they all tasted wonderful but not as filling as this recipe.
I like to have this soup as lunch from time to time. Healthy and delicious. Completely vegetarian! I learned to use oatmeal as a thickening agent in soups; it becomes healthier and more filling. If you want to make your lunch more luxurious, you can serve crispy bacon, croutons, grated cheese, and well-chopped rocket salad as side dishes.
3 medium tomatoes
1 pc. yellow onion
3 dl water
1 dl oatmeal
1 dl cream (for a vegetarian option, use more water instead).
1/4 of a teaspoon black pepper
1/4 of a teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 of a teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon salt (barely)
1/4 of a teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 pc of Knorr concentrated stock (take chicken or vegetarian option)
1 teaspoon sambal oelek (chili paste)
1 pc. garlic clove
- Fry onion until it is caramelized
- Fry the tomatoes until it is caramelized
- Pour in 1 dl of water in the pan and bring it to a boil. Set it aside.
- Put the tomatoes and onion in a spacious pan, pour over the stock from the pan.
- Mix well.
- Add the sliced garlic.
- Pour over 3 dl of water and add the seasoning and sambal oelek (chili paste)
- Add the oatmeal.
- Put the lid on and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take a few turns with a hand mixer or use a food processor.
- Take a few turns with a hand mixer or use a food processor. Add more water or cream, and the rest of the ingredients, taste, correct seasoning.
It is a wonderful lunch together with some cheddar sandwiches.