Comforting Swedish food! Swede puree with special Swedish pork sausage is indeed very tasty and healthy food especially during the cold days of autumn and winter, so comforting!
Most Swedes love this dish, if they don’t, then something is wrong with them😊
My husband had his hand surgery today and I just want to spoil him a little! The best way to do that is to prepare a meal that he loves and that is swede puree with Swedish sausage! It is indeed very tasty and healthy food especially during the cold days of autumn and winter, so comforting!
It is usually served with a special sausage (Fläskkorv) in Sweden but you can just buy any sausage that you like, fry it or boil it and serve with this wonderful Swede puree together with some nice mustard. Or just try it with a stew.
850 gram of Swede (peeled and cut in smaller pieces)
1 big carrot (peeled and cut in 5 – 6 pieces)
1 medium-sized potato (peeled and divided into 4 pieces)
2 teaspoons salt
4 – 6 whole allspice in a tea strainer
1 tablespoon of concentrated stock (vegetable, chicken or what you prefer)
20 grams of real butter
Keep some of the water which will be used to balance the puree.
- Peel the Swede and cut it in smaller pieces
- Peel and divide the carrot into 5 – 6 pieces.
- Put Swede and carrot in a saucepan, add salt, allspice and concentrated stock. Cover with water. Bring it to a boil, lower the heat and let it boil for 30 minutes.
- Peel and divide the potato into 4 pieces. Keep it in a bowl with water.
- Add the potatoes after 30 minutes and let it boil for additional 20 – 30 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables but make sure to keep some of the water that will be used to balance the puree.
- Mash the vegetables with some butter, pour over some of the boiling water that you have saved until the puree gets the consistency that you like. Taste and adjust seasoning.